Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/23 at KNUST (Fully-funded)
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023 at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
The scholarships offer access to quality university education to qualified academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
Criteria for Selection
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institution. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
- For admission into KNUST Ghanaian applicants need to purchase an E-voucher for the purpose and fill out the application for admission whenever the online portal opens – international applicants are instructed to visit the same address and select the option for international students only.
- NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to:
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services, Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others) Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring. Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development. The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application form (HERE!)
- The scholarship application form is free and has a feature of a “2022” watermark.
- Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can. Do not wait until admissions are opened at KNUST.
- Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, FedEx, UPS) to the address below;
For further details visit the official web page of the KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023